Managed Services and Virtualization – Reduce Cost, Optimize Performance, Improve Quality
Watson Insurance Agency - "We are here for you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week!"
“I didn’t realize how much my prior tech consultant didn’t know until I started working with Turbotek. Turbotek consultants listen to our problems, explain their recommended solutions clearly and then go above and beyond to get the job done.” Lisa Nolan, Sr. Exec. Vice Pres., Watson Insurance Agency, Inc., Manchester, NH (603) 668-4800
- Service recovery time has been reduced from over a day to under an hour
- Server virtualization reduced server requirements from 3 to 1
- Reduced energy costs by over $2000 per year
- Speed of both the servers and network now meet agent requirements
- Prepared for future expansion as the business grows
- Pre- deployment testing improved ERP/SQL server upgrade process
- Remote backup solution in place for disaster recovery
While other insurance agencies assess customer needs at the time of initial sale, Watson Insurance Agency serves the needs of their clients by finding creative solutions, tailored to the ever-changing needs of their diverse client base. As an independent insurance agent they can offer the appropriate coverage with the personal touch clients would expect from their neighborhood insurance agent. This partnership approach has allowed them to maintain unparalleled client retention. Maintaining this high level of commitment to service and responsiveness requires a reliable IT infrastructure.
IT Performance and Management Challenges Before Turbotek
Prior to contacting Turbotek, the team at Watson was becoming increasingly frustrated with their service provider’s lack of performance, quality management, and response. Their IT infrastructure was becoming a business liability rather than a business asset. Just a few of these concerns were:
- Slow network and server performance
- Unacceptable response and recovery times from their service provider
- Quality issues when performing ERP/SQL Servers upgrades
- No SLA agreement in place for managing the service provider performance
Proactive Managed Services Deliver Fast Results – Performance, Lower Cost, Reliability
Once Watson partnered with Turbotek, they quickly realized that there were many technology details that its previous IT provider did not know. The staff at Watson, not being IT experts, did not have the expertise (or bandwidth) to recognize these gaps. Turbotek was able to quickly assess areas for improvement and accomplish much more than had been done in the past.
With monthly visits, Turbotek technology experts address any minor issues that may arise allowing Watson to be more proactive with regards to technology. In addition, when there is a project (for example an upgrade of the Agency Management System), Watson is sure that the project will be completed on time without any unexpected delays or drain on internal resources.
Summary of Turbotek Solutions Delivered:
As a full service managed service provider, Turbotek’s goal is to design a customized IT management plan that suits the company’s unique business requirements. They will assess the entire IT infrastructure including, but not limited to, existing hardware/software, disaster recovery plans, and the implications of future growth. Only then does Turbotek present a technology management plan that fits the specific company. No matter the size of your business or network, you get a unique plan to fit your unique needs.
- Local IT support services
- Preventative maintenance
- Proactive SmartRemote® network monitoring
- Critical Archive® data backup and recovery services
- Server virtualization